Metra has proposed service changes on the Metra Electric, which include a significant cut to service on the South Chicago Branch (which runs down 71st Street and Exchange through South Shore). The proposed cuts include:
- Weekday evening service ending 4 hours earlier
- No rush-hour train getting downtown right at 9am
- Less Saturday service (1/3 of trains cut)
We are opposed to these cuts because they:
- Are being made to increase Hyde Park service
- Harm commuters and local businesses
- Are not offset by bus service, which isn’t an adequate substitute late at night or in bad traffic
- Will reduce ridership leading to future cuts
Speak up: attend an upcoming public meeting!
- Monday, June 19, 4pm-7pm, South Shore Cultural Center (7059 S. South Shore Dr.)
- Thursday, June 22, 4pm-7pm, U of C Polsky Exchange (1452 E. 53rd St., 2nd Floor)
Can’t attend, or have more to say? Email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Check back on this page or on our Facebook group for updates!